What a bad, bad, bad, bad, bad rollout for the Strickland re-election campaign.
Let’s go over it, bullet by bullet.
- The campaign picks the absolute worst news day of the month to announce both Strickland’s re-election campaign AND the LG. Clearly, they prefer playing 2nd fiddle on the front page.
- A perplexing and discombobulated “new media” strategy to inform social media users first – fails.
- A youtube video of Strickland and Brown is produced in someone’s garage and put online two hours prior to the announcement. (on a sidenote, beginning at the 0:52 mark, Ted does his best awkward impression of Mr. Shake Hands Man from the old USA show, “Banzai”)
- A last-minute “oh crap, we should livestream this” effort nets about 250 viewers….total. (for reference, Kasich had 25k+ for his LG announcement)
- And finally, the press availability after the event was described by one Statehouse reporter as a “mess”.
If this is a sign of things to come, 11.2.10 is sure to be the beginning of A New Way and A New Day.