As we heard yesterday, thanks to the Ohio House Democrats refusing to accept the bipartisan Senate compromise, Gov. Strickland may call the legislature into session on Christmas Day.
Thus, Jello Grinch.
This silly political ploy even inspired a little mini-meme on Twitter yesterday, with contributions from myself, Jesse at Athens Runaway and @jacoblarger.
Ladies & Gents, I give you some faves from Twitter’s #jellotedxmaslyrics:
- No more jobs are coming to town.
- I saw Mommy kissing her job goodbye.
- Let’s argue over the budget, for auld lang’s syne.
- We’ll not do what’s necessary, cause I don’t care if even a miracle needs a hand!
- The only thing I want for Christmas is you to lose your job.
- I wouldn’t touch this budget with a 39 and a half Foot pole.
- Grandma got run over by an uncompromising House Dem Caucus.
If you can’t have fun mocking a failed Governor at Christmas time, when can you have fun?